- Reviews (0)
TSL 590 Topic 1 Field Experience A GCU
TSL 590 Topic 1 Field Experience A Practicum Learning Plan
Your Practicum Learning Plan can be thought of as a “blueprint” that maps out what you hope to learn or accomplish during this course.
Allocate at least 10 hours in the field to support this assignment.
Discuss the Practicum Learning Plan guidelines with your mentor to develop your plan. Identify professional development opportunities and evidence for accomplishment and discuss ways and resources for growth.
Document the locations and hours you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form with the last assignment by the assignment due date. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.
Create a Practicum Learning Plan based on the instructions and using the Practicum Learning Plan template. Your plan should include specific learning goals that are measurable. Create one goal for each of the four categories listed in the template.
Your goals may encompass the following:
- Teaching Knowledge (Knowing) could involve: Expanding upon essential professional background knowledge, i.e., theories, concepts, pedagogy, multicultural information, assessments, lesson planning, etc.
- Teaching Skills (Doing) could involve: Decision-making, teamwork, professionalism, organization, effective classroom management, in-depth content knowledge, expert use of instructional strategies, etc.
- Lifelong Learning (Growing) could involve: Finding inspiration, finding answers, finding resources, reading, writing, and discussing educational topics, etc.
- Professional Relationships (Connecting) could involve: Communication, interpersonal relations (students, co-workers, parents, administrators, paraprofessionals, custodians), creating a community, respect, admiration, honesty, empathetic, respectful, leadership, team-member, coach, building trust, etc.
For each of your goals identify the following in the template:
- Significance – Why is this important to know? What is the value of this to you?
- Action Steps – What are the steps needed on your part to accomplish this? How will you achieve this?
- Evidence – What would it look like to have accomplished this? What would knowing this mean?
APA Style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.