- Size Guide
- Reviews (0)
MKT 373 Week 3 Complete Work GCU
MKT 373 Topic 3 DQ 1
Research a real-life case of sponsorship failure in the sports business industry. Include links to the related research along with a summary of why the sponsorship failed. Discuss specifically what caused the failure and include your ideas about how the sponsorship could have been structured differently so it could have been successful. If, in your opinion, there was no opportunity for sponsorship success, explain why and offer an alternate sponsor and explain why working with that sponsor that might have produced better end results.
MKT 373 Topic 3 DQ 2
Your assignment in this topic was to develop a sponsorship sales deck to obtain sponsors for an event of your choice. After taking time to practice your sales pitch, record your pitch and post the link in the Main Forum for peer review. View your classmates’ pitches and provide constructive feedback about ways they can improve their presentation to potential sponsors.
MKT 373 Topic 3 Sponsorship Sales Deck
Sponsors are critical to the success of most sports events because they are one of the major means of generating revenue, both monetary and through “in kind” donations. The ability to obtain sponsors is a critical skill, and the ability to effectively pitch your team, organization, or event to potential sponsors will help to ensure your success in the sports marketing business.
For this assignment, select the team of your choice and create a sponsorship sales deck that you can use to pitch your team to potential sponsors. The presentation should be completed as a PowerPoint presentation of 8-12 slides, so it can be easily shared with potential sponsors. The presentation should include the following information. For each slide, be sure to include relevant talking points in the notes section of the slide.
- Team name and related graphics
- Team overview: Provide specific team information including: (a) number of events per year, (b) average attendance including annual tickets sales, and (c) Fan DNA (demographics).
- Team venue and related graphic
- Differentiator: Explain what makes your team a unique sponsorship opportunity for the potential sponsor to engage with fans and the local community. Include information about the event target market to establish how sponsorship can connect the company to potential customers.
- Sponsorship opportunities: Include the benefits that the team can provide to the sponsor along with what you are seeking from the sponsor as part of the partnership. Discuss varying types and levels of sponsorship available and the benefits sponsors will receive for participating at specific sponsorship levels. Include detailed slides related to the following, as applicable: (a) on-site sales opportunities; (b) product/category exclusivity; (c) sponsor benefits including television, radio, and newspaper exposure, website visits, complimentary tickets, hospitality, and access to special events; (d) marketing opportunities both on and off site; (e) cosponsor promotional activities; (f) consumer and trade promotions; (g) list of other sponsors; and (h) sponsorship term (annual, 2-year, 3-year, etc.).
- Branding specifics: Include details about how the sponsor will be recognized through signage, promotional materials, and during the event.
- Fees and payment terms/schedule including sponsorship fee, value in kind, promotional fees, signature, literature, printing, creative/production costs, equipment, merchandising, etc.
- Call to action: Tell the potential sponsor how to become involved with your team and offer them a specific option for collaborating with you. Provide contact information for the team marketing professional.
Once you have completed your sponsorship deck, practice your pitch so you can be well prepared to share it with your peers.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectation for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
MKT 373 Week 3 Complete Work GCU
ACCT 553 DeVry, BIAM 500 DeVry, CIS 500 STR, CIS 558 STR, ENG 105 GCU, FIN 390 DeVry, FIN 504 GCU, HCA 545 GCU, HCA 699 GCU, HLT 306 GCU, HLT 362 GCU, HLT 555 GCU, HLT 610 GCU, HLT 665 GCU, HOSP 594 DeVry, HRM 600 DeVry, MAT 144 GCU, MGMT 600, MGT 599 STR, MGT 655 GCU, MKT 373 GCU, PSY 362 GCU, PSY 565 GCU, PSY 575 GCU, PSY 665 GCU, SOC 102 GCU, SOC 320 GCU, SOC 372 GCU, SOC 412 GCU
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.