- Reviews (0)
MIS 660 Topic 2 Data Manipulation GCU
The purpose of this assignment is to use spreadsheet capabilities to perform data manipulation and to explain the process used in the handling of the data.
For this assignment, you will use the “Claims” dataset. In the dataset, the claims data for n = 608 people are recorded. The data derive from a random sample of females diagnosed with ischemic heart disease over 24 months (see Exercise 7.27 in the textbook).
Instead of using urgent care centers, some people rely on the Emergency Room (ER) to address most, if not all, of their medical needs. In fact, someone who has three or more ER visits within 24 months is considered a high ER user. Complete the steps below to execute this assignment.
- Using the dataset and Excel, create a new column titled “High_ER_User” with “Yes” if three or more ER visits; otherwise “No.”
- Duration is measured in days, but 30-day intervals are more appropriate for most reporting purposes. Using Excel, create a new column titled “Duration_Months” by converting the duration into 30-day intervals.
- Many times complications and comorbidities are rare; therefore, these two negative events are summed together. Using Excel, create a new column titled “Comps_Comorbs” by adding complications with comorbidities.
- Many times age is grouped in 10-year intervals. Using Excel’s VLOOKUP function, create a new column titled “Age_Group” with grouped ages of “21-30 yrs,” “31-40 yrs,” and so on for 10-year intervals. The last age group would be “61-70 yrs.” Use a tab titled “Age_Groups” for this task.
Next you will create a pivot table with the data and execute the following (refer to the examples in the resource “Data Manipulation Screenshots”).
- Use “High_ER_User” as a filter to obtain two filtered views of the pivot table.
- Summarize the data to get counts of claims, sum of claims and months, and average of procedures, prescribed drugs, ER visits, and complications/comorbidities.
- Add a calculated field titled “Claims PM” to the pivot table. This calculated field is the sum of claims divided by the sum of duration months and measures the average claim amount per month (PM).
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
MIS 660 Topic 2 Data Manipulation GCU
ACCT 553 DeVry, BIAM 500 DeVry, CIS 500 STR, CIS 558 STR, ENG 105 GCU, FIN 390 DeVry, FIN 504 GCU, HCA 545 GCU, HCA 699 GCU, HLT 306 GCU, HLT 362 GCU, HLT 555 GCU, HLT 610 GCU, HLT 665 GCU, HOSP 594 DeVry, HRM 600 DeVry, MAT 144 GCU, MGMT 600, MGT 599 STR, MGT 655 GCU, MKT 373 GCU, PSY 362 GCU, PSY 565 GCU, PSY 575 GCU, PSY 665 GCU, SOC 102 GCU, SOC 320 GCU, SOC 372 GCU, SOC 412 GCU, NSG 6440 SU, HIM 515 GCU, NSG 4029 SU, HIM 615 GCU, NSG 3029 SU, NSG 4055 SU, NSG 6630 SU, NSG 6005 SU, CRMJ 310, PSY 510 GCU, CRMJ 300 Devry, CRMJ 425, SPD 200 GCU, HLT 490 GCU ,ECH 340 GCU , ECH 440 GCU , ECH 355 GCU ,ECH 350 GCU ,LDR 461 GCU ,ECH 425 GCU ,REL 212 STR ,SCI 115 STR ,CIS 505 STR ,JUS 652 GCU, MGT 640 GCU, CIS 527 STR, SOC 436 GCU,ACC 502 GCU, FIN 504 GCU , MATH 260 DeVry ,ETHC 445 DeVry ,ECET 220 DeVry , CARD 405 DeVry, NETW 203 DeVry, NETW 205 DeVry, ECET 365 DeVry ,MATH 270 DeVry ,PHYS 310 DeVry, BIB 106 GCU ,CIS 512 STR ,SYM 506 GCU ,ECN 601 GCU ,BIAM 570 DeVry, PSY 402 GCU , SOC 480 GCU , BIAM 530 DeVry, DNP 810 GCU , DNP 820 GCU , DNP 825 GCU , ECN 450 GCU , DNP 830 GCU , LDR 804 GCU , MAT 105 GCU , ECS 501 GCU , ECS 555 GCU , TSL 552 GCU , ECS 560 GCU , NRS 493 GCU , ECS 570 GCU , BUS 352 GCU , MIS 660 GCU
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.