- Reviews (0)
MGT 423 Module 3 Complete TUI
MGT 423 Module 3 Job Redesign
MGT 423 Module 3 Discussion
Discussion: Job Design and Job Crafting Surveys
For this discussion, you will be filling out some surveys based on the concepts of job redesign and job crafting. The job design survey is pretty simple, self-explanatory, and follows the five core job dimensions discussed in the background readings: http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/jobsurvey.html
The job crafting survey appears in a complicated article, but the survey is relatively straightforward and appears on page 177 of the article linked below. For each question, a “5” indicates strong agreement, a “4” means moderate agreement, a “3” means neutral, a “2” means mild disagreement, and a “1” means strong disagreement. There are four dimensions of job crafting on this survey. All of these dimensions have five questions, with the exception of “decreasing hindering job demands,” which has six questions. The total possible score on each dimension is either 25 or 30, depending on the number of questions: http://www.academia.edu/2796261/Development_and_validation_of_the_job_crafting_scale. You may also click the following link to access the Job Crafting Survey.
Report your scores on both surveys to your classmates and explain whether or not the results accurately describe your current job situation and the overall usefulness of each survey.
Also, discuss any practical implications that the results of each survey has on your organization. Do the results indicate that any specific job redesign or job crafting intervention should be done? Would you recommend either survey be used for a wider range of employees at your organization to assist in deciding on a job redesign or job crafting strategy?
MGT 423 Module 3 Case
In the background materials you had a chance to read about the traditional “top down” approach of job redesign as well as the newer “bottom up” approach of job crafting. Before starting on this assignment, make sure you have thoroughly reviewed the readings and understand the key job redesign and job-crafting strategies. Once you have finished reviewing the background materials, apply what you’ve learned to the specific scenarios and questions below. Make sure to cite at least one of the required readings for each answer and try to cite at least four of the readings in your answer. Your paper should be 4–5 pages in length:
- Relax Lines, Inc. is a luxury cruise line that has hired you as a job crafting consultant for two groups of their employees. The first group is the ship crew. The crew have responsibility for safety, navigation, and maintenance of the ship. The second group is the hospitality staff. The hospitality staff is tasked with making sure the passengers are enjoying themselves and are properly entertained with various events that this staff plans and prepares. Before arriving at the cruise line to do interviews and make recommendations, you first need to do some reading on what general approach you will use. As a first step, review Dik and Duffy (2012), where they discuss task crafting, relational crafting, and cognitive crafting. Which of these three types of job crafting do you think would be most appropriate for the ship crew, and which one do you think would be most appropriate for the hospitality staff? Also, read up on “job-crafting swap meets” in Wrzesniewski (2014). Do you think a swap meet would be appropriate for either ship crew members or hospitality staff? Any other strategy from Wrzesniewski (2014) that you think would be useful for either pilots or online marketers?
- The ABC Corporation has a team of telemarketers. The job description for the telemarketers is pretty basic: They call up potential customers who have visited his company’s web page and requested information about the product. Telemarketers’ performance evaluations depend mostly on their monthly sales as well as customer satisfaction surveys, and they receive monthly feedback reports. Their supervisor gives them some initial training, but these telemarketers have a lot of freedom to choose how and when to call customers. For example, they are free to customize their own sales pitch as long as they don’t mislead potential customers. Also, they are not required to fill out a time card or work at the office (they can work from home, if they want). As long as they are making enough monthly sales they are free to set their own schedules. While the telemarketing team is performing well, the company is concerned about high turnover among telemarketers and wants to do some job enrichment. Which of the five core job dimensions discussed in Bauer and Erdogan (2012) or page 9 of Griffin (2007) do you think should be revised the most during a job redesign intervention? Which ones do you think do not need to be revised? Explain your reasoning and cite some of the required readings in your answer.
- Suppose a sports injury clinic has three main practitioners. First, there is a general practitioner doctor who does the basic diagnosis of the injury and works with the patient to come up with an overall treatment program. This doctor also prescribes medicine as needed. Then there is a surgeon who specializes in sports injuries. This doctor only does surgery. Finally, there is a physical therapist who helps patients with exercise programs to help them recover. The owner of the clinic though becomes worried that these three practitioners are becoming bored and dissatisfied with their jobs and there is concern they might all leave unless their jobs change. However, given the high degree of training required for each of their specializations management is not sure how to go about making their jobs less monotonous and more rewarding. In general, would you recommend management undergoes a traditional job redesign approach or a job crafting approach? Which specific job redesign strategy or job crafting strategy would you recommend? For example, if you choose job redesign discuss whether you would recommend job rotation, enlargement, enrichment, etc. If you choose job crafting, refer to one of the specific strategies or interventions discussed in Wrzesniewski (2014) or Dik and Duffy (2012).
- Create a table with the definitions of the three main types of job redesign (job enlargement, job rotation, job enrichment) and the three main types of job crafting (task crafting, relational crafting, and cognitive crafting). Then write two paragraphs explaining which of the three types of job crafting are most similar to any of the three types of job redesign, and on what you think are the key differences between job crafting and job redesign based on the definitions in your table.
MGT 423 Module 3 SLP
As with the Case Assignment, make sure you have thoroughly reviewed the background readings and understand the key concepts of job redesign and job crafting. Then think about your own job and workplace and how these concepts apply to your own work life. Once you have finished reviewing the background readings and have carefully thought about how these concepts relate to your own job, write a 2- to 3-page paper answering the following questions:
- Of the three main types of job redesign (job enlargement, job rotation, job enrichment), which one do you think would be the most effective in your current workplace? Explain your reasoning, and cite Bauer and Erdogan (2012) or Griffin (2007) as part of your answer.
- Suppose your supervisor decides to use job enrichment to redesign your job. Of the five core job characteristics discussed in Bauer and Erdogan (2012) or page 9 of Griffin (2007), which one do you think should be changed as part of your job redesign?
- Which specific job crafting strategy or intervention do you think would be most effective at your organization or for your specific job? Refer to one of the specific strategies or interventions discussed in Wrzesniewski (2014) or Dik and Duffy (2012).
MGT 423 Module 3 Complete TUI
ACCT 553 DeVry, BIAM 500 DeVry, CIS 500 STR, CIS 558 STR, ENG 105 GCU, FIN 390 DeVry, FIN 504 GCU, HCA 545 GCU, HCA 699 GCU, HLT 306 GCU, HLT 362 GCU, HLT 555 GCU, HLT 610 GCU, HLT 665 GCU, HOSP 594 DeVry, HRM 600 DeVry, MAT 144 GCU, MGMT 600, MGT 599 STR, MGT 655 GCU, MKT 373 GCU, PSY 362 GCU, PSY 565 GCU, PSY 575 GCU, PSY 665 GCU, SOC 102 GCU, SOC 320 GCU, SOC 372 GCU, SOC 412 GCU, NSG 6440 SU, HIM 515 GCU, NSG 4029 SU, HIM 615 GCU, NSG 3029 SU, NSG 4055 SU, NSG 6630 SU, NSG 6005 SU, CRMJ 310, PSY 510 GCU, CRMJ 300 Devry, CRMJ 425, SPD 200 GCU, HLT 490 GCU ,ECH 340 GCU , ECH 440 GCU , ECH 355 GCU ,ECH 350 GCU ,LDR 461 GCU ,ECH 425 GCU ,REL 212 STR ,SCI 115 STR ,CIS 505 STR ,JUS 652 GCU, MGT 640 GCU, CIS 527 STR, SOC 436 GCU,ACC 502 GCU, FIN 504 GCU ,MATH 260 DeVry ,ETHC 445 DeVry ,ECET 220 DeVry , CARD 405 DeVry, NETW 203 DeVry, NETW 205 DeVry, ECET 365 DeVry ,MATH 270 DeVry ,PHYS 310 DeVry, BIB 106 GCU ,CIS 512 STR ,SYM 506 GCU ,ECN 601 GCU ,BIAM 570 DeVry, PSY 402 GCU , SOC 480 GCU , HUM 112 STR , PHI 210 STR, ACC 667 GCU, ACC 622 GCU, ACC 623 GCU, ENTR 510 DeVry, DNP 840 GCU , BIO 550 GCU , HRM 420 DeVry , ACC 690 GCU , HCA 807 GCU , ACC 650 GCU , REET 420 DeVry , MIS 605 GCU , ECET 350 DeVry , ENTR 530 DeVry , PSY 102 GCU , MIS 600 GCU , TCH 539 GCU , SPD 300 GCU , SPD 320 GCU , ESL 533 G
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.