- Reviews (0)
ELM 305 Topic 7 Benchmark Reading Comprehension Plan GCU
As an educator, you will be designing learning activities that engage your students and facilitate language development. Creating learning experiences aligned to academic standards and the students’ individual learning goals is vital to student success.
Read the scenario below to inform the assignment:
Seven-year-old Alfonso has two months left in his first grade year. He is active and outgoing, has many friends, and loves to play soccer. Science is his favorite subject. He enjoys learning anything related to space and sloths. He is very curious and particularly likes hands‐on academic activities that use manipulatives.
During literacy class instruction, Alfonso can sound out words well, but struggles with reading comprehension including word meanings and finding connections among words in various grade appropriate texts. Alfonso has a particularly hard time connecting what he reads with what he already knows. He often brings up irrelevant information when trying to make these connections.
Alfonso’s teacher, Ms. Seymour, wants to ensure Alphonso masters the vocabulary and comprehension skills that are expected before the end of the year, so she has written the following curricular/academic goals for him:
- Given a grade‐appropriate text with new vocabulary, Alphonso will use context clues and other strategies, such as consulting a dictionary, to help determine the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- Given a grade‐appropriate text, Alphonso will make connections from text to self to help comprehend the meaning of the text.
Part 1: Lesson Outline
Using the “Reading Comprehension Lesson Outline Template ,” develop a research‐based reading lesson outline to help Alphonso reach his vocabulary and reading comprehension goals. Begin by selecting a grade‐appropriate children’s book on which to base the lesson.
The lesson plan outline should include the following:
- Three learning objectives aligned to one or more state literacy standard that reflects the literacy goals Alphonso is working to achieve.
- The selected book and a vocabulary activity that introduces five vocabulary words directly from the book.
- A comprehension activity that allows Alfonso to demonstrate his comprehension of the story.
- Two research‐based strategies that can be integrated into the vocabulary and comprehension activities to help Alfonso meet his vocabulary and comprehension goals.
- Opportunities for Alfonso to apply these skills to different situations or content areas.
Part 2: Rationale and Specialist Planning
Provide a 500‐750 word narrative that includes a rationale for the reading comprehension lesson plan and a plan to work with a reading specialist. In the rationale, explain the following:
- The alignment between Alphonso’s curricular/academic goals, the lesson activities, and the presented research‐based strategies.
- How the lesson addresses Alfonso’s specific learning needs as well as his interests.
- At least one learning theory that supports the selected strategies.
- Suppose your principal arranged for a reading specialist to help with meeting Alphonso’s developmental needs. In the same narrative as above, describe a structured system you and the specialist could put in place that involves short‐ and long‐term goal setting, as well as data analysis, re‐evaluation, and feedback to Alphonso and his family .
Include at least three scholarly sources to support your lesson, rationale, and specialist plan.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
College of Education (COE) program competencies and national standards assessed in the benchmark assignment:
Plan instruction based on knowledge of students, learning theory, connections across the curriculum, curricular goals, and community. [ACEI 3.1; InTASC 7(a), 7(c), 7(g), 7(h), 7(i); GCU Mission Critical 2, 4]
Collabo indivratively plan short‐ and long‐range goals utilizing professionals with specialized expertise to meetidual student needs and enhance learning. [ACEI 3.2; InTASC 7(e), 7(f), 7(o), 7(p); GCU Mission Critical 2, 4]
Course Tutor helps in providing the best essay writing service. If you need 100% original papers for ELM 305 Topic 7 Benchmark Reading Comprehension Plan GCU, then contact us through call or live chat.
ELM 305 Topic 7 Benchmark Reading Comprehension Plan GCU
ACCT 553 DeVry, BIAM 500 DeVry, CIS 500 STR, CIS 558 STR, ENG 105 GCU, FIN 390 DeVry, FIN 504 GCU, HCA 545 GCU, HCA 699 GCU, HLT 306 GCU, HLT 362 GCU, HLT 555 GCU, HLT 610 GCU, HLT 665 GCU, HOSP 594 DeVry, HRM 600 DeVry, MAT 144 GCU, MGMT 600, MGT 599 STR, MGT 655 GCU, MKT 373 GCU, PSY 362 GCU, PSY 565 GCU, PSY 575 GCU, PSY 665 GCU, SOC 102 GCU, SOC 320 GCU, SOC 372 GCU, SOC 412 GCU, NSG 6440 SU, HIM 515 GCU, NSG 4029 SU, HIM 615 GCU, NSG 3029 SU, NSG 4055 SU, NSG 6630 SU, NSG 6005 SU, CRMJ 310, PSY 510 GCU, CRMJ 300 Devry, CRMJ 425, SPD 200 GCU, HLT 490 GCU ,ECH 340 GCU , ECH 440 GCU , ECH 355 GCU ,ECH 350 GCU ,LDR 461 GCU ,ECH 425 GCU ,REL 212 STR ,SCI 115 STR ,CIS 505 STR ,JUS 652 GCU, MGT 640 GCU, CIS 527 STR, SOC 436 GCU,ACC 502 GCU, FIN 504 GCU ,MATH 260 DeVry ,ETHC 445 DeVry ,ECET 220 DeVry , CARD 405 DeVry, NETW 203 DeVry, NETW 205 DeVry, ECET 365 DeVry ,MATH 270 DeVry ,PHYS 310 DeVry, BIB 106 GCU ,CIS 512 STR ,SYM 506 GCU ,ECN 601 GCU ,BIAM 570 DeVry, PSY 402 GCU , SOC 480 GCU , HUM 112 STR , PHI 210 STR, ACC 667 GCU, ACC 622 GCU, ACC 623 GCU, ENTR 510 DeVry, DNP 840 GCU , BIO 550 GCU , HRM 420 DeVry , ACC 690 GCU , HCA 807 GCU , ACC 650 GCU , REET 420 DeVry , MIS 605 GCU , ECET 350 DeVry , ENTR 530 DeVry , PSY 102 GCU , MIS 600 GCU , TCH 539 GCU , SPD 300 GCU , HCA 812 GCU , TCH 520 GCU , MGT 410 GCU , MIS 610 GCU , MGT 660 GCU , MGT 420 GCU
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.