DNP 825 Topic 3 Population Health: Part I GCU Nov 2021
This assignment will be completed in two parts. The purpose of this two-part assignment is to identify an at-risk population, evaluate the disparities contributing to their health issue, and propose an intervention to improve health for that community.
- A minimum of three scholarly or peer-reviewed research articles are required. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate an at-risk population affected by a population-based health condition. You will use the topic you select here to complete Part II of this assignment.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper and include the following.
- Refer to the topic Resource “Data and Statistics” for examples of population-based health conditions. Select a population-based health condition and a high-risk group affected by the population-based condition. An example of this would be looking at the prevalence rates of diseases (population-based health condition) in vaccinated children versus groups where parents may withhold vaccinations because of feared side effects (high-risk group).
- Describe the high-risk group and population-based health condition you selected. Explain why this group is considered high-risk.
- Compare the prevalence rate of the selected population-based health condition for this high-risk group between two similar areas (county to county, state to state, country to country). Refer to the topic Resources for assistance with your comparison.
- Evaluate the social determinants that lead to disparities and health outcomes for your selected at-risk population and explain why they differ between your selected population and a population of comparison from a similar area.
- Discuss what evidence-based interventions have been introduced to try and improve the health outcomes for this high-risk population and whether they have been effective.
- Discuss current electronic or online consumer health information available for the population on the health issue (e.g., the topic Resource, “Find and Compare Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Other Providers Near You”).