- Reviews (0)
DeVry HRM 420 Week 4 Assignment Latest
WEEK 4: TEAM CASE ANALYSIS AND PRESENTATION
Each group should do the following:
- Analyze the case: Development is Served 24/7 in the InterContinental Hotel Group’s Leader Lounge,which is found on pages 415-416 of the text.
- Create a two to three pagepaper (not including cover page and reference page) answering questions 1-3 on page 417 submit in APA format a Word document. Do not include the questions in the paper, instead use headings.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Recommended Developmental Activities
Evaluation and Metrics
- Create a 2-4 slide PowerPoint presentation with a five to seven minute narration that presents the material from the paper.
- This week’s case for analysis is Learning in Practice: Development is Served 24/7 in the InterContinental Hotel Group’s Leader Lounge,which is found on pages 415-416 of the text.
WEEK 4: HOMEWORK
Week 4: Homework Overview
You will submit 2 items for this assignment. Part 1 is a personal IDP and Part 2 is an APA format paper (cover page and reference page inclueded) that answers the following:
Homework Part 1
Download the (IDP) individual development plan template from the Files section and begin preparing to fill it out. This will be used in the discussion threads this week, as well as a final weekly deliverable. Your IDP should include 3-5 SMART Goals for your development in your current job. Be specific on the desired outcomes. (Homework Part 1, 50 points). There is a sample in the Announcements.
Homework Part 2
Answer the following four problems and submit all questions in a Word document. Include an APA formatted cover page, headers, and any references you use to answer the problems on the last page.
- Training return on investment (ROI)is a calculation of economic return on a project. Refer to the lesson for the formula. Review this problem. Your answers to this question can include a table to answer the calculations. Please show your work.
An organization lost 125 employees last year, at a cost of $5,000.00 each. (Value is derived from cost to rehire and fill opening, as well as lost investment in the employee.) You suggest that a one-time investment in a training program (costing $250,000 up front) will reduce turnover by 50%.
Calculate the following numbers using historical figures as your assumptions.
- Total savings that the program stands to create
- Net savings the first year in place
- Return on investment after one year
- Return on investment after two years
- Return on investment after six months (assume half of the employees/but all of the cost) (5 points)
- Cost-benefit analysispresents data as a ratio to determine financial impact on company profitability. The formula is: cost-benefit ratio = value of projected benefits divided by cost.
We have estimated that a training program on sexual harassment will cost $14,000 and result in a savings of $70,000 (the cost of the two settlements we paid last year).
- What is the cost-benefit ratio of this training? (2.5 points)
- What is the return on investment after one year? (2.5 points)
- Do you agree that we can use the amount of our settlements from the prior year as our savings figure? Why or why not? (5 points) (10 points total)
- Break-even analysis.This is the point in which revenue (or savings) from the program equals the cost of the program-the time the company has “broken even” on the cost of the training.
Formula = Break-even point = cost/savings * time
*time is the period of time in which the return is being calculated−if annually, then 12 months.
A program has an annual cost of $70,000 and is expected to generate in return a savings of $80,000.
- When would the break-even point occur, given steady savings and costs? (5 points)
- Why is it important for trainers to be able to estimate the ROI, cost-benefit analysis, and break-even analysis?Give three reasons why calculating this information will assist the training endeavors.(5 points)
DeVry HRM 420 Week 4 Assignment Latest
ACCT 553 DeVry, BIAM 500 DeVry, CIS 500 STR, CIS 558 STR, ENG 105 GCU, FIN 390 DeVry, FIN 504 GCU, HCA 545 GCU, HCA 699 GCU, HLT 306 GCU, HLT 362 GCU, HLT 555 GCU, HLT 610 GCU, HLT 665 GCU, HOSP 594 DeVry, HRM 600 DeVry, MAT 144 GCU, MGMT 600, MGT 599 STR, MGT 655 GCU, MKT 373 GCU, PSY 362 GCU, PSY 565 GCU, PSY 575 GCU, PSY 665 GCU, SOC 102 GCU, SOC 320 GCU, SOC 372 GCU, SOC 412 GCU, NSG 6440 SU, HIM 515 GCU, NSG 4029 SU, HIM 615 GCU, NSG 3029 SU, NSG 4055 SU, NSG 6630 SU, NSG 6005 SU, CRMJ 310, PSY 510 GCU, CRMJ 300 Devry, CRMJ 425, SPD 200 GCU, HLT 490 GCU ,ECH 340 GCU , ECH 440 GCU , ECH 355 GCU ,ECH 350 GCU ,LDR 461 GCU ,ECH 425 GCU ,REL 212 STR ,SCI 115 STR ,CIS 505 STR ,JUS 652 GCU, MGT 640 GCU, CIS 527 STR, SOC 436 GCU,ACC 502 GCU, FIN 504 GCU , MATH 260 DeVry ,ETHC 445 DeVry ,ECET 220 DeVry , CARD 405 DeVry, NETW 203 DeVry, NETW 205 DeVry, ECET 365 DeVry ,MATH 270 DeVry ,PHYS 310 DeVry, BIB 106 GCU ,CIS 512 STR ,SYM 506 GCU ,ECN 601 GCU ,BIAM 570 DeVry, PSY 402 GCU , SOC 480 GCU , HUM 112 STR , PHI 210 STR, ACC 667 GCU, ACC 622 GCU, ACC 623 GCU, ENTR 510 DeVry, DNP 840 GCU , BIO 550 GCU , HRM 420 DeVry
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.