Scenario and Summary
This lab supports the following TCOs.
TCO 5—Given a web page that requires images and advanced styles, create and edit graphics and incorporate them into the page.
TCO 10—Given a project, create a website that contains text, links, images, and any other content necessary to complete the website using HTML and external CSS.
- Obtain 10 original photos.
- Research on the Internet and find some code that will allow you to create a slideshow.
- Create a page with your photos and the code you find.
- Create a Word document showing the source for your slideshow code. Make sure to document your HTML code also.
Step 1: Get Photos
Find 10 photos.
- The photos can be obtained through http://quest.eb.com.proxy.devry.edu/ or from http://commons.wikimedia.org.
- If you have personal images that you wish to use for the assignment, be sure that you cite them correctly according to APA guidelines.
- All of the images you use should be cited in the sources document that accompanies this assignment.
- IMPORTANT! Make sure that the version of each image you use for the slideshow is less than 500K. Ten images at 500K is 5 MB, and adding the document should total no more than 7 MB.
Step 2: Research Slideshow Code
One example is http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2012/04/25/pure-css3-cycling-slideshow/.
Step 3: Build Page and Document Sources
- Create the slideshow according to your selected research, using the images you located in Step 1.
- The slideshow should run automatically and should contain a text-based title for each slide.
- Write a description of the process that the slideshow uses to cycle through the slides, and cite the source of your code.
Step 4: iLab Submission
- Create a folder called CIS363A_YourLastName_W4_Lab.
- Put copies of each required deliverable into the new folder.
- Right-click on the folder and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder. You can also use other tools to compress the files into a single zip folder (e.g., 7-zip).
Submit your lab to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions or watch this Tutorial Dropbox Tutorial.
See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.
|Word document with sources||10|
|Completed web page with slideshow||15|
|Any other files necessary for the slideshow to work||5|